Lesson 1: LO Can I write sentences about a picture?
Look at picture of the scene at the start of the video. Ask the children to answer the questions below.
• What can you see?
• Where is it?
• What time of day/year is it?
• Who do you think it is in the middle of the image?
Lesson 2: LO Can I answer questions on what I have seen?
Pause the film at 12 seconds.
• What does Mrs Claus give to Santa to keep him comfortable?
• How does the director try to make them look like two normal people?
• Who are these letters from?
• Who are they for?
Lesson 3: LO: Can I discuss what has happened and answer questions?
Discussion time after each clip has been watched. Ask your adult to watch and discuss with you.
Pause the film at 31 secs.
• What instructions does she give to Father Christmas?
• What does the phrase ‘easily done’ tell us about Father Christmas?
Pause the film at 1min 4 seconds
• What is the little boy’s name?
• How old is he?
• What is his sister’s name?
• What is his dog’s name?
• What type of things make his sister angry?
• Is she angry when Tiger chews her trainers?
Pause the film at 1 min 20 secs
• What do you think Jake is going to ask Mrs Claus for?
• Why has he written to Mrs Claus and not to Father Christmas?
• How do their delivery methods differ?
• Who is cooler Father Christmas or Mrs Claus?
Watch the film until the end.
• Why does Mrs Claus like to keep secrets from Father Christmas?
• Why do you think the film maker shows Mrs Claus eating two mince pies?
• Do you think this is an effective advert for Marks and Spencers (A clothes and food shop)?
Lesson 4: LO: Can I write a write a letter asking for something for someone else?
Write a letter to Mrs Claus asking for something for somebody else. You may ask for a present for someone you have upset. For your parents, who always have to tidy up their bedroom or for a friend you have fell out with. You must include reasons why.
Lesson 5- Adverts
Look at the link below.
Watch at least 4 different adverts for Christmas.
Pick which one you like the best and tell me why.
I like the snowman one because
The chocolate one made me laugh so I thought it was the best.