Residential Trips at St. Christophers.
At St. Christopher's our children are provided with the opportunity to take part in three residential trips. An Outdoor Adventurous holiday to Condover Hall in Year 4, A fantastic Seaside break to Llandudno, Wales in Year 6 and each year children from Years 4 - 6 have the opportunity to attend a week of skiing in the Alps with the Liverpool Primary Ski Group.
Our residential trips are more than just a fun few days away. They:
- create experiences that enhance pupils' classroom learning
- add opportunities that pupils may not otherwise have
- allow children to connect with the outdoor world
- provide opportunities for exciting activities such as climbing, abseiling, archery and caving
- build relationships between pupils and staff
- increase children's self confidence and self esteem
- encourage pupils to work together, developing their communication and co-operation skills
- encourage independence and a sense of personal responsibility
Year 6 Residential trip to Llandudno
Year 6 children visit Llandudno in Wales for their residential trip. Whilst there, the children:
- take part in tobogganing
- visit the Welsh Mountain Zoo
- Go swimming to Wrexham Water World on the way there.
- visit the Great Orme Bronze Age Copper Mines - the largest Bronze Age mine in the world and one of the country's most important archaeological sites.
- investigate the local area, including the promenade, pier and beach.
- Climb the Great Orme. The Great Orme headland is a massive chunk of limestone rising 207m/679ft straight out of the sea. The sense of achievement the children (and adults) feel at the top is amazing and the visitors centre is full of information about the geology, archaeology, wildlife and history of this spectacular headland, thought to be over 350 million years old!
Year 4 residential to Condover Hall.
Year 4 children visit Condover Hall in Shrewsbury for their residential trip. Condover Hall is a prestigious Elizabethan residential activity centre. Activities at Condover Hall include a high aerial trek, abseiling, kayaking, archery, fencing, laser maze, tunnelling, zip wire and many more. The trip provide pupils with the opportunities to try so many new activities and build their self confidence and lots of new friendships.